Back to Top
Items 1→50 of 354. Page 1 of 8.
- AISLE RUNNER look up translate image
- A long piece of fabric traditionally rolled out before the bridal procession to indicate the arrival of the bride.
- ALL-INCLUSIVE look up translate image
- A flat fee that covers a variety of wedding services. Most often associated with destination weddings at resorts.
- ANNIVERSARY CAKE look up translate image
- A small wedding cake made for the first wedding anniversary.
- ARBOR look up translate image
- A shelter of branches under which a couple stands to exchange vows. Can also be made of latticework covered with vines.
- ASCOT TIE look up translate image
- A wide necktie that's worn for the formal daytime wedding.
- ASYMMETRIC look up translate image
- A dress neckline where one shoulder is covered and the other is bare, or a style that begins at the natural waistline and angles down to one side.
- AUFRUF (OOF - ROOF) look up translate image
- calling up of a wedding couple to the Torah on the Shabbat.
- B&B look up translate image
- Short for "bed-and-breakfast." Typically, a house converted into a place to stay, similar to a hotel, where guests can rent overnight rooms. The atmosphere is similar to a home and often includes hearty breakfasts but no other meals. Serves as a popular destination for honeymoons.
- BACHELORETTE look up translate image
- Term for a bride while she is engaged.
- BACKPIECE look up translate image
- A decorative comb placed on the back of a bride's head that attaches the veil.
- BALLET look up translate image
- Also known as a waltz, this is a veil length that drops below the bride's knees, but above her ankles.
- BALLET VEIL look up translate image
- A veil that rests between the bride's knees and ankles.
- BANDSTAND look up translate image
- A raised platform where the band performs.
- BASKET WEAVE look up translate image
- Decorative piping on a wedding cake
- BEDEKEN look up translate image
- An Orthodox Jewish ceremony where the bride and groom's families meet and the groom confirms that the bride is his intended, then covers her face with a veil. Also spelled badeken.
- BEST MAN look up translate image
- The best man keeps the ring safe, signs the marriage license, announces speeches at the reception and makes his own.
- BIEDERMEIER look up translate image
- A bouquet of flowers arranged in rings according to their color.
- BIG BAND look up translate image
- A style of music that traditionally involves many musicians and incorporates horn instruments and vocalists. Popular in the '30s and '40s.
- BISCOTTI look up translate image
- An Italian cookie often flavored with anise or nuts. Common as a wedding favor because of their long shelf-life. Traditionally oblong-shaped.
- BLACK TIE look up translate image
- A semi-formal dress code; men wear tuxedoes, while women wear cocktail dresses or gowns.
- BLACKOUT DATES look up translate image
- Dates unavailable for events, either due to holidays or a venue's lack of availability.
- BLENDED FAMILY look up translate image
- A family where members are not all biologically related. Typically, a result of a marriage when spouses and children from a former relationship or marriage form the family unit.
- BLOCK OF ROOMS look up translate image
- A group of rooms reserved at a hotel for guests, often at a discounted rate. The block is usually held in the couple's name, with guests paying for the reservations themselves.
- BLUSHER look up translate image
- A short veil that covers the bride face and protects her make-up before the ceremony.
- BLUSHER VEIL look up translate image
- A short veil worn over the bride's face while walking down the aisle that is lifted back to present her to the groom.
- BODICE look up translate image
- The portion of a woman's garment that covers the upper part of a woman's body, above the waist.
- BODY SHAPERS look up translate image
- Hosiery that provides support under a garment.
- BOMBONIERE look up translate image
- An Italian term referring to wedding favors passed out to wedding guests in appreciation of their attendance.
- BON BON look up translate image
- A type of candy that is covered in fondant or chocolate.
- BOUTONIERRE look up translate image
- This is a single flower or flower bud or a small group of flowers or buds; worn by the groom, best man, ushers and the male relatives of the bride and groom, on the left (over the heart) lapel of their jackets.
- BOUTONNIERE look up translate image
- A single flower worn on the lapel of a man's jacket.
- BOW TIE look up translate image
- The most popular choice of tie to wear with a tuxedo. May also be known as a 'dickey bow.'
- BOW TIE(DICKEY BOW) look up translate image
- A short tie, shaped like a bow, that is worn with a wing or laydown collar.
- BRAZILIAN BLOWOUT look up translate image
- A process to straighten hair with a flat iron, with a combination of formaldehyde and keratin.
- BREAKING OF THE GLASS look up translate image
- A Jewish tradition where grooms -- and, occasionally, also brides -- step on a glass at the end of a wedding ceremony.
- BRIDAL BOOT CAMP look up translate image
- A high-intensity workout regime for brides to lose weight and tone up before the wedding.
- BRIDAL OR BRIDE'S BOUQUET look up translate image
- The bunch of flowers given by the groom to his bride.
- BRIDAL PROCESSION look up translate image
- Every girl's chance to be a princess. Resplendent in her gown, and on her doting father's arm, the accompanying entourage can be as lengthy as she wishes (venue and cost permitting).
- BRIDAL SHOWER look up translate image
- Party given for the bride before the wedding; coordinated by the bridesmaids to offer gifts for the bride and groom.
- BRIDE'S ROOM (BRIDAL ROOM) look up translate image
- An area at the ceremony venue for the bride and her attendants to prepare for the wedding in private.
- BRIDE'S BOUQUET look up translate image
- A bundle of flowers for the bride.
- BRIDESMAIDS look up translate image
- These are the gals who are good friends with the bride, supporting her emotionally both before and on her big day. Although they pay for their own gowns, the bride should give them an idea as to what sort of styles and colors she expects them to wear, as some in this group may try to outshine the star of the show.
- BRONZER look up translate image
- A lotion, spray or powder that darkens the skin's color, resembling a tan.
- BUBBLES look up translate image
- Used in a wedding in place of rice to send off the bride and groom.
- BUDGET look up translate image
- A list of planned expenses for a wedding that serves as a helpful guide to keep track of spending.
- BUFFET look up translate image
- A type of dining style where guests line up and either serve themselves or request food from the server.
- BURLAP LINEN look up translate image
- A tablecloth made of or resembling burlap, a material of woven jute or hemp.
- BUSTLE look up translate image
- When a wedding gown's train is gathered below the waist to prevent it from dragging on the floor, often done after the wedding ceremony but before the reception.f
- BUTLER SERVICE look up translate image
- A type of catering service where servers offer food and drinks to guests on platters.
- BUTTERCREAM look up translate image
- A soft and creamy icing that can be colored, flavored and used for decoration or filling for a wedding cake.v
|Number of terms