Back to Top
Items 1→50 of 839. Page 1 of 17.
- AB look up translate image
- Appellate Body
- ABSOLUTE ADVANTAGE(AB-AD) look up translate image
- An absolute advantage exists in condition of when a nation or other economic region of any country is able to produce a good or service more efficiently than a second (other) nation or its region.
- ACCEPTANCE look up translate image
- Any agreement to purchase goods under specified terms. An agreement to purchase goods at a stated price and under stated terms.
- ACCOUNTING TRANSLATION EXPOSURE look up translate image
- Changes in a organizations or corporation's financial statements as a result of changes in currency values.
- ACP look up translate image
- African, Caribbean, and Pacific countries.
- ACQUISITION OF ASSETS look up translate image
- In an acquisition of assets, one firm acquires the assets of another company. None of the liabilities supporting that asset are transferred to the purchaser.
- ACQUISITION OF STOCK look up translate image
- In an acquisition of stock, one firm buys an equity interest in another.
- ACQUISITION PREMIUM look up translate image
- In a merger or acquisition, the difference between the purchase price and the reacquisition value of the target firm or company.
- ACTIVE FUND MANAGEMENT look up translate image
- An investment approach that actively shifts funds either between asset classes (asset allocation) or between individual securities (security selection).
- ACTIVE INCOME look up translate image
- In the U.S. tax code, income from an active business as opposed to passive investment income.
- ACTIVITY-BASED-COST (ABC) look up translate image
- An accounting method that allocates costs to specific products based on breakdowns of cost drivers.
- AD VALOREM look up translate image
- According to value
- AD VALOREM TARIFF look up translate image
- A tariff assessed as a percentage of the value of an import.
- ADB look up translate image
- Asia Development Bank, head quartered located in Manila, Philippines (ASIA).
- ADJUSTED PRESENT VALUE(APV) look up translate image
- An APV is a valuation method that separately identifies the value of an unlevered project from the value of financing side effects.
- ADVANCE AGAINST DOCUMENTS look up translate image
- A loan made on the security of the documents covering the shipment.
- ADVANCE LICENCE look up translate image
- Advance Licence is granted for import of inputs without payment of customs duties. It is issued in accordance with the Policy and procedures in force and subject to fulfillment of time-bound export obligation. Such licences can be issu
- ADVANCE PAYMENT look up translate image
- Advance Payment is a Trading method in which the buyer pays for the goods before they are sent out , method is used when buyer is of unknown credit worthiness. It is applicable in International or domestic trade.
- ADVENTURE look up translate image
- Adventure also define for marine adventure." It is a term of art in the marine insurance business. All insured cargo owners and every shipper on that vessel are part of the adventure.
- ADVISING BANK look up translate image
- A bank, operating in the exporter's country, that handles LETTERS OF CREDIT for a foreign bank by notifying the exporter that the credit has been opened in his or her favor.
- ADVISORY CAPACITY look up translate image
- A term indicating that shipper's agent or representative is not empowered to make definitive decisions or adjustments without approval of the group or individual represented.
- AEZS look up translate image
- Refers to a scheme of Agricultural Export Zones.
- AFRICAN DEVELOPMENTAL BANK (ABD) look up translate image
- The ABD is one of four major regional developmental banks currently operating in the global economy; it is headquartered in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.
- AGENCY COSTS look up translate image
- The costs incurred to ensure that agents act in the best interest of the principal.
- AGENT look up translate image
- Someone who represents business in domestic and overseas market. In corporate governance terminology, management is the agent of the principal stakeholders in a principal-agent relationship.
- AGGREGATE DEMAND look up translate image
- The total demand of all potential buyers of a commodity or service. Includes all individuals and organizations that have the ability, willingness, and authority to purchase such products.
- AIR WAYBILL look up translate image
- A BILL OF LADING that covers both domestic and international flights transporting goods to a specified destination.
- ALL-IN COST look up translate image
- The percentage cost of a financing alternative, including any bank fees or placement fees.
- ALLOCATION EFFICIENCY look up translate image
- The efficiency with which a market channels capital toward its most productive uses.
- ALLOCATION RULES OF INCOME look up translate image
- In the U.S. tax code, these rules define how income and deductions are to be allocated between domestic-source and foreign-source income.
- ALONGSIDE look up translate image
- A phrase referring to the side of a ship. Goods to be delivered "alongside" are to be placed on the dock or barge within reach of the transport ship's tackle so that they can be loaded aboard the ship.
- ALTERATION look up translate image
- A change in the boundaries of an activated zone or subzone.
- ANDEAN PACT look up translate image
- A regional trade pact that includes Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia.
- ANNUITY look up translate image
- A level stream of equal dollar payments that lasts for a fixed time. An example of an annuity is the coupon part of a bond with level annual payments.
- ANNUITY FACTOR look up translate image
- The term used to calculate the present value of the stream of level payments for a fixed period.
- ANTI-DUMPING LAWS look up translate image
- Laws that are enacted to prevent dumping-offering prices in the overseas market that is lower than that at which a product is sold in its home domestic market.
- APEC look up translate image
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- APPLICANT look up translate image
- A corporation applying for the right to establish, operate and maintain a foreign-trade zone.
- APPRECIATION look up translate image
- An increase in a currency value relative to another currency in a floating exchange rate system.
- ARBITRAGE look up translate image
- The process of buying FOREIGN EXCHANGE, stocks, bonds and other commodities in one market and immediately selling them in another market at higher prices.
- ARBITRAGE PRICING THEORY (APT) look up translate image
- An asset pricing model that assumes a linear relation between required return and systematic risk as measured by one or more factors according to Rj = mj + b1jF1 + ... + bKjFK + ej.
- ASIA-PACIFIC ECONOMIC COOPERATION (APEC) look up translate image
- APEC forum designed to promote economic growth, cooperation, and integration among member nations. The most prominent members are China, Japan, and Korea.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (ABD) look up translate image
- One of four major regional development banks currently operating in the global economy; it is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
- ASIAN DOLLARS look up translate image
- U.S. dollars deposited in Asia and the Pacific Basin.
- ASK "OFFER" RATES look up translate image
- The rate at which a market maker is willing to sell the quoted asset.
- ASSET ALLOCATION POLICY look up translate image
- The target weights given to various asset classes in an investment portfolio.
- ASSETS-IN-PLACE look up translate image
- Those assets in which the firm has already invested. (Compare to growth options.)
- ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH EAST ASIAN NATIONS (ASEAN) look up translate image
- A loose or low economic and geopolitical affiliation that includes Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam. Future members are likely to include Myanmar (Burma), Laos, and Cambodia.
- AT-THE-MONEY OPTION look up translate image
- An option with an exercise price that is equal to the current value of the underlying asset.
- ATC look up translate image
- Agreement on Textiles and Clothing
|Number of terms