Back to Top
Items 1→50 of 116. Page 1 of 3.
- “X” look up translate image
- A term used in the 1X2 abbreviation, which means a Draw. The rest, 1 represents home victory, and 2 away victory.
- ACCUMULATOR look up translate image
- Also called a parlay, is a multiple bet that includes two or more games,where the winnings for the first match goes onto the next. The benefit of an accumulator is that it offers a bigger payoff than a single bet, but the risk is also greater. If any of the games is lost, the entire accumulator is lost.
- ACCUMULATOR BET look up translate image
- An accumulator, otherwise known as a parlay bet, refers to a single bet that links two or more bets/individual wagers into one whole bet. In order to win, the accumulator requires all wagers to win as they are each dependent on each other.
One example could include a UFC fight night. One match might only provide odds of 1.4 on the favorite to win which wouldn’t return much. However, by creating an accumulator or parlay bet with the favorites from 3 matches, the punter is able...(more)
- ACTION look up translate image
- A football wager of any kind, a bet. Must be valid to be considered action.
- ANTE POST look up translate image
- Ante post refers to betting odds offered a day before a horse race. This happens before all races begin and is the most common type of bet.
A punter might place an ante post $10 bet at 50/1 on a horse. The next day the odds might fall to be less favorable.
- ANTE-POST look up translate image
- A football bet that can be placed weeks,moths or even years in advance, before the actual event.
- ARBITAGE BETTING look up translate image
- Arbitage betting refers to opportunity betting in which punters guarantee a “sure bet” by betting on a game at two or more bookmakers. Since it is well known that bookmakers each have unique odds, it is possible to bet on one competitor at bookmaker A and bet on the second competitor at bookmaker B (or bring in a third bookmaker to cover the draw).
In simple terms it’s possible to use a tennis match as an example. At the first bookmaker the odds for player 1 are 2.05 and...(more)
- ARBITRAGE look up translate image
- Also called “sure bet” is the type of a wager where you are guaranteed to win no matter the outcome of the event. This is usually possible if sportsbooks have difference of opinion and offer different odds.
- ASIAN HANDICAP look up translate image
- A type of bet, named after its origins which involves spread betting in football. The wager eliminates the draw as a possible outcome, increasing your chances to win to 50%/50%. The number that you would see next to each team will be abbreviated with either a positive “+” or a negative “-” sign (Examples: Team A -1.5 or Team A + 1.5 etc).Let’s say we bet on Team A -1.5, this creates a condition which must remain true for you to win, and it goes like this: If we subtract 1.50 from the goals...(more)
- ATS look up translate image
- Acronym of the phrase “against the spread”.
- BAD BEAT look up translate image
- An unexpected loss. An example of it would be a loss on a Banker(see below).
- BANKER look up translate image
- A football bet that’s considered to have a high probability of success. In combinations or systems, the banker is the match that must come out right to give you a chance for any returns.
- BANKER BETS look up translate image
- Banker bets are bets placed on hot favourites and are, therefore, expected to bring certain profit. In system bets, banker is a selection that must win in order to guarantee a return.
These are usually placed on odds of 1.40 (2/5) or lower and can be placed as singles or combined as part of an accumulator bet.
Banker bets are seen as almost certain to bring profit by the punters and are usually backed with big stakes. Because of the very short odds, a number of bankers is usually combined...(more)
- BETTING EXCHANGE look up translate image
- A company that provides a platform for bettors/punters to place bets against each other. The betting exchange also gives you the opportunity to LAY bet (bet against).
Betting exchange works almost the same as stock market, but instead of trading shares you trade your bets. Rather than betting against the bookmaker, you bet against fellow players, with the betting exchange acting only as intermediary.
You can place a ‘back’ bet – betting on something happening or a ‘lay’ back –...(more)
- BETTING MARKETS look up translate image
- Online bookmakers tend to offer a huge selection of betting markets on every single match, often giving their customers a choice between more than 100 betting options per game.
Popular betting markets include winner (home, draw, away), over/under, Asian handicaps, correct score, first goalscorer, half-time result and many more, with the bettors given a courtesy of choosing the one that they believe offers the best value.
The punter can choose whether he wants to place single bet on one...(more)
- BETTOR look up translate image
- Someone that’s placing bets. It’s synonym in the UK is “punter”.
- BOOKIE/BOOKMAKER look up translate image
- A Bookie is usually a slang for a Bookmaker.A Bookmaker is a company that’s licensed and regulated to accept your bets.
- BUCK look up translate image
- A slang for a $100 wager.
- CANADIAN look up translate image
- Canadian is a betting term, that’s also know as Super Yankee. It involves a total of 26 bets, from 5 selections. It consists of an accumulator, 5xfourfolds, 10xtrebles and 10xdoubles.
- CHALK look up translate image
- A term that means “the favorite”.
- CHALK PLAYER look up translate image
- Derived from the term Chalk (see above), which would mean someone that bets mostly on the favorites.
- CIRCLED GAME look up translate image
- Refers to a game that has a limited betting action,due to injuries or bad weather etc . The game cannot be included in parlays.
- CLOSING LINE look up translate image
- Otherwise known as the final line, the closing line refers to the betting line before a bookmaker sets the odds for an event.
An example might include a UFC match between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre. The odds might start at 1.50 for Anderson Silva and 2.1 for Georges St. Pierre; at first many people might wager on Anderson Silva, but the bookmaker would likely shorten the odds on Georges St. Pierre to be more realistic, or to balance their books before the final line or closing line when the odds are set.
- COVER look up translate image
- In terms of football betting, this simply means a point spread win.
- DIME look up translate image
- Betting terms which means a $1,000 wager.
- DIVIDEND look up translate image
- This is a term that usually refers to the profit made of any type of placed bet.
- DOG look up translate image
- Derived from Underdog, is a term used to point the outsider in a match. Usually the dogs have high odds and low probability of success.
- DOG PLAYER look up translate image
- A player that usually places his/her bets on the underdogs(see Dog above).
- DOUBLE look up translate image
- A type of an accumulator which involves 2 events. Both must win, for the bet to win.
- DOUBLE BETTING look up translate image
- Double bet is the simplest of all accumulators as it consists of just two selections, both of which need to be guessed correctly in order to qualify for a return.
Offering higher returns than singles and giving better chances of winning than multi-bet accumulators, double bets or simply doubles are used by a huge number of sports punters these days.
Seeing that the two sets of odds are multiplied by each other, doubles allow you to back two favourites and earn the same returns as if you...(more)
- DOUBLE CHANCE look up translate image
- Double Chance is a type of bet that usually bookmakers offer, pairing the possible outcomes. Example: Team A or Draw, Team B or Draw, Team A or Team B.
- DOUBLE CHANCE BETTING look up translate image
- Double chance betting is usually deployed by punters who enjoy backing the underdogs with its main feature the fact that it covers two out of three possible outcomes.
By taking a double chance on a team, you win the same amount of money if your team win or if they draw, meaning that only the defeat of the team you backed will result in a loss.
Majority of punters decide to take a double chance on underdogs when they believe that the other team have been wrongfully made favourites by the...(more)
- DRAW NO BET look up translate image
- “Draw no bet” is commonly used when betting on sports team matches, and means that punters will get their stake back if the game is a draw. This is particularly popular with soccer/football match bets.
If Chelsea and Manchester United are playing a match and the score is 1 – 1, punters who chose “draw no bet” get their money back. If the score s 1-2 and they didn’t predict this score or choose the correct winner, they lose their stake.
- DUTCHING look up translate image
- Dutching is a betting system used to cover several contenders in an event, making sure each and every one of those bets guarantees the same profit, while eliminating major underdogs.
This ensures the same profit regardless of which bet wins, obviously provided one of the backed contenders do win the event.
This kind of strategy is usually used in horse racing betting, but can also be applied to football outright bets, where a punter can cover several teams and still be in for a nice profit....(more)
- EACH WAY look up translate image
- A type of a bet that consists of two wagers. Example: Backing Team A to win the match against Team B in the quarter finals, and backing Team A to advance in the semi-finals.
- EACH WAY BET look up translate image
- An "each way bet" is offered by bookmakers and refers to two separate bets on the same stake; a win and a place bet. This is most commonly used in horseracing when the punter bets on the horse to win, or place (usual top 3). If the horse places, then the odds will be fractionally lower compared to the win.
A single each way bet of $5 would cost the punter $10 as the bet consists of two separate bets. One would be for the win, and the other for the place. If the horse’s odds were...(more)
- EDGE look up translate image
- In betting terms it means an advantage.
- EUROPEAN HANDICAP look up translate image
- There is a good chance that all of you have heard of Asian handicap, but European Handicap is not such a familiar term. With European Handicap, one of the two teams is given an advantage before the match starts, but there are still three possible outcomes – home win, draw and away win.
There are no void bets or stake refunded here, but a simple calculation is done when the match ends, taking into account the handicap given before the match.
European Handicap has proved to be a great...(more)
- EVENS BET look up translate image
- Evens bet is a bet placed at odds of 2.00 (1/1), commonly known as even odds, and is seen as an ideal bet especially for players who mostly bet on singles because it doubles your stake if guessed correctly.
The players only need to win every other bet placed on even odds or higher to stay in the green, so placing evens bets can be a safe road to steady profits.
Evens bet is also known as scotch or levels and many online bookmakers use this term in their news and promotions sections to...(more)
- EXACTA (OR PERFECTA) look up translate image
- An exacta, or perfecta, is commonly used in horseracing in which the punter must correctly pick the order of those finishing in first and second place exactly.
Taking a horse race for example, “Devil’s Advocate” and “Silver Dollar” are two horses to run in a race. The punter bets on the two horses to beat the rest and for Devil’s Advocate to place first, and Silver Dollar to place second. If this happens the punter wins, but if they order is switched, or if only one horse places then the bet is void.
- EXOTIC WAGER look up translate image
- Refers to any bet that’s different than a straight bet.
- FAVORITE look up translate image
- The team that is considered to have the better chance to win.
- FIXED ODDS look up translate image
- Once you place a bet on such odds, they will remain the same until the settlement of your wager.
- FIXED ODDS BETTING look up translate image
- Fixed odds betting is a process of placing bets on pre-determined odds, meaning that you know exactly how much you stand to earn at the time of placing a bet.
Regardless of how much the odds fluctuate after you have placed your bet, your potential returns will not change.
All you have to do is place a bet at the odds shown at any moment in time and as soon as the bookmaker accepts your bet, the odds can no longer be changed as far as your bet is concerned.
A player bets...(more)
- FORECAST look up translate image
- Forecast is a wager on a single event that requires a punter to correctly predict the finishing order of the first two finishers in the event.
Forecast bets are usually placed as outright bets on the outcome of a football competition, with punters usually predicting the two teams to finish as 1st and 2nd in one of the major leagues or competitions.
Alternatively, forecast can be used to predict the exact finishing order of a horse or greyhound race.
A player places a...(more)
- FULL COVER BET look up translate image
- Usually refers to a bet, that has in it many if not all multiple bets, on your selections. This way, depending on how many outcomes you have covered, you can gain profit, even if you miss a match or two, or even more.
- FUTURES look up translate image
- Very similar to Ante-post. A bet that can be placed long before the actual event takes place.
- GAMBLER look up translate image
- Another synonym for bettor/punter.
- GOLIATH look up translate image
- Goliath is a type of wager that involves a total of 247 bets, made on 8 selections. All of the bets consist of an accumulator, 8 sevenfolds, 28sixfolds, 56fivefolds, 70fourfolds,56 trebles, and 28 doubles. You must win at least 2 games to get any kind of return.
- HANDICAP look up translate image
- A method, that bookmakers use to even the odds out. The point spread is reduced for the favorite, while the one for the dog is increased. This is also commonly known as line or spread.
|Number of terms
||Void Bet by admin