Back to Top
Items 1→3 of 3. Page 1 of 1.
- HABEAS CORPUS - FEDERAL look up translate image
- Refers to a proceeding wherein a prisoner challenges the lawfulness of his or her imprisonment. An action by way of writ of habeas corpus does not function to determine the prisoner's guilt or innocence. When the proceeding is brought by a state inmate, review extends to the constitutionality of the imprisonment. For more information, see the Criminal Prosecution Procedure page.
- HEARING look up translate image
- A legal proceeding in which arguments, witnesses, and/or evidence are heard by a judicial officer or administrative body.
- HEARSAY look up translate image
- Testimony of an individual that is not from his or her personal knowledge, but from what the witness has heard another person say.
|Number of terms
20 Criminal Terms You Should Know
The concept of crime varies from time to time and from place to place. Here are some terms used to describe some different types of crime in the U.S.Criminal Background Records Glossary - Criminal Justice Terms and Definitions - Criminal Records Glossary
Criminal Background Records Glossary: Appellate Court, Arrest, Arson, Assault, Battery, Blackmail, Burglary, Circuit Courts, Conviction, Attorney, Sentence, Weapon, Defendant,Delinquency, Extortion, Felony, Fine, Fraud, Guilty, Homicide, Illicit, Injunction, Intoxication, Kidnapping, Juvenile, Larceny, Manslaughter, Magistrate, Murder, Negligence, Warrant, Parole, Perjury, Rape, Probation, TheftCRIMINAL JUSTICE TERMS
mova.missouri.orgGlossary of Michigan Criminal Terms --- Michigan Prosecuting Attorneys Coordinating Council
Legal glossary ... Michigan Prosecuting Attorneys Coordinating Council; 116 W. Ottawa, Ste 200; Lansing, MI, USA 48933