Back to Top
Items 1→50 of 1088. Page 1 of 22.
- 401(K) PLAN look up translate image
- EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PLAN authorized by INTERNAL REVENUE CODE section 401(k), whereby an employer establishes an account for each participating employee and each participant elects to deposit a portion of his or her salary into the account. The amount deposited is not subject to income tax. This is the most common type of salary reduction plan.
- A MISSTATEMENT IS INCONSEQUENTIAL look up translate image
- If a reasonable person would conclude after considering the possibility of further undetected misstatements that the misstatement either individually or when aggregated with other misstatements would clearly be immaterial to the FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. If a reasonable person could not reach such a conclusion regarding a particular misstatement, that misstatement is more than inconsequential.
Related wiki pages:
- ABATEMENT look up translate image
- Complete removal of an amount due, (usually referring to a tax ABATEMENT a penalty abatement or an INTEREST abatement within a governing agency).
- ABSORPTION COSTING look up translate image
- An approach to product costing that assigns a representative portion of all types of manufacturing costs--direct materials, direct labor, variable factory overhead, and fixed factory overhead--to individual products.
- ACCELERATED DEPRECIATION (phương pháp khấu hao nhanh) look up translate image
- Method that records greater DEPRECIATION than STRAIGHT-LINE DEPRECIATION in the early years and less depreciation than straight-line in the later years of an ASSET'S HOLDING PERIOD. See also: DDB, Double-Declining-Balance Depreciation Method (DDB), Straight-Line Depreciation
- ACCOUNT (tài khoản) look up translate image
- Formal record that represents, in words, money or other unit of measurement, certain resources, claims to such resources, transactions or other events that result in changes to those resources and claims. See also: Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Check, NSF Check, Purchases, Purchases Returns and Allowances, Retained Earnings Account, Securities and Commodities Exchanges, Sell Out, Sinking Fund, Statement of Owner’s Equity, T Account, Transaction, Unearned Discount, Unrealized Loss or Gain on Long-Term Investments, With Recourse, Without Recourse, Write Off
- ACCOUNT PAYABLE (tài khoản phải trả) look up translate image
- Amount owed to a CREDITOR for delivered goods or completed services. See also: Accounts Payable Subsidiary Ledger
- ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE (tài khoản phải thu) look up translate image
- Claim against a DEBTOR for an uncollected amount, generally from a completed transaction of sales or services rendered. See also: Accounts Receivable Subsidiary Ledger, Accounts Receivable Turnover, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Inventory Financing, Quick Assets
- ACCOUNTABLE PLAN look up translate image
- Any reimbursement or other expense allowance arrangement of an employer that meets all of the following requirements (therefore excluding it from gross w-2 EARNED INCOME and tax): (1) it provides reimbursements advances or allowances including per diem and meals, to employees for any job related deductible business expense; (2) employees must be able to substantiate expenses covered in the plan; (3) employee must return any excess advances or payments.
- ACCOUNTANT (kế toán viên) look up translate image
- Person skilled in the recording and reporting of financial transactions.
- ACCOUNTANTS' REPORT (Báo cáo của kế toán) look up translate image
- Formal document that communicates an independent accountant's: (1) expression of limited assurance on FINANCIAL STATEMENTS as a result of performing inquiry and analytic procedures (REVIEW REPORT); (2) results of procedures performed (AGREED-UPON PROCEDURES REPORT); (3) non-expression of opinion or any form of assurance on a presentation in the form of financial statements information that is the representation of management (COMPILATION REPORT); or (4) an opinion on an assertion made by management...(more)
- ACCOUNTING look up translate image
- Recording and reporting of financial transactions, including the origination of the transaction, its recognition, processing, and summarization in the FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. See also: Beginning Inventory, Original Cost, Spreadsheet, Straight-Line Percentage
- ACCOUNTING CHANGE (thay đổi kế toán) look up translate image
- Change in (1) an accounting principle; (2) an accounting estimate; or (3) the reporting entity that necessitates DISCLOSURE and explanation in published financial reports.
- ACCOUNTING CYCLE (chu trình kế toán) look up translate image
- The sequence of steps followed in the accounting process to measure business transactions and transform the measurements into FINANCIAL STATEMENTS for a specific period. See also: Financial Statements
- ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES BOARD (APB) (Uỷ ban chuẩn mực kế toán) look up translate image
- Senior technical committee of the AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (AICPA) which issued pronouncements on accounting principles from 1959-1973. The APB was replaced by the FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD (FASB). See also: APB
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUBSIDIARY LEDGER (sổ phụ tài khoản phải trả) look up translate image
- A financial record of an individual ACCOUNT PAYABLE in which entries can be made daily. See also: Account Payable
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SUBSIDIARY LEDGER (sổ phụ tài khoản phải thu) look up translate image
- A financial record of an individual ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE in which entries can be made daily. See also: Account Receivable
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE TURNOVER look up translate image
- Used to measure a company’s ability to collect cash from credit customers. Found by dividing net sales by average net ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE. See also: Account Receivable
- ACCRUAL (dồn tính, ghi ngược) look up translate image
- The recognition of an expense or revenue that has occurred but has not yet been recorded.
Việc ghi nhận một chi phí hay thu nhập đã xảy ra nhưng chưa ghi sổ
- ACCRUAL ACCOUNTING look up translate image
- The attempt to record the financial effects of transactions and other events in the periods in which those transactions or events occur rather than only in the periods in which cash is received or paid by the business, using all the techniques developed by accountants to apply the MATCHING PRINCIPLE. See also: Matching Principle
- ACCRUAL BASIS look up translate image
- Method of ACCOUNTING that recognizes REVENUE when earned, rather than when collected. Expenses are recognized when incurred rather than when paid. See also: Indirect Method
- ACCRUED EXPENSE look up translate image
- An expense that has occurred but is not recognized in the accounts.
- ACCRUED INTEREST look up translate image
- INTEREST that has accumulated between the most recent payment and the sale of a BOND or other fixed-income security. See also: Bond, Interest
- ACCUMULATED DEPRECIATION (hao mòn lũy kế) look up translate image
- Total DEPRECIATION pertaining to an ASSET or group of assets from the time the assets were placed in services until the date of the FINANCIAL STATEMENT or tax return. This total is the CONTRA ACCOUNT to the related asset account. See also: Tax Basis
- ACCUMULATION (lũy kế, cộng dồn, dồn tích) look up translate image
- Profits that are not paid out as DIVIDENDS but are instead added to the company’s capital base. See also: Dividends
- ACID-TEST RATIO look up translate image
- The relationship of a company’s current assets that can be converted into cash to its current liabilities. It is determined by dividing QUICK ASSETS by current liabilities.
- ACQUISITION (thôn tính, mua lại công ty khác) look up translate image
- One company taking over controlling interest in another company.
- ACTUARY look up translate image
- Mathematician employed by an insurance company to calculate PREMIUMS, RESERVES, DIVIDENDS, and insurance, PENSION, and ANNUITY rates, using risk factors obtained from experience tables. See also: Annuity, Dividends, Life Expectancy, Pension, Premium, Reserve
- ADDITIONAL PAID IN CAPITAL look up translate image
- Amounts paid for stock in excess of its PAR VALUE or STATED VALUE. Also, other amounts paid by stockholders and charged to EQUITY ACCOUNTS other than CAPITAL STOCK.
- ADJUSTED BASIS look up translate image
- After a taxpayer's basis in property is determined, it must be adjusted upward to include any additions of capital to the property and reduced by any returns of capital to the taxpayer. Additions might include improvements to the property and subtractions may include depreciation or depletion. A taxpayer's adjusted basis in property is deducted from the amount realized to find the gain or loss on sale or disposition.
- ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME look up translate image
- Gross income reduced by business and other specified expenses of individual taxpayers. The amount of adjusted gross income affects the extent to which medical expenses, non business casualty and theft losses and charitable contributions may be deductible. It is also an important figure in the basis of many other individual planning issues as well as a key line item on the IRS form 1040 and required state forms. See also: Gross Income
- ADJUSTED TRIAL BALANCE look up translate image
- A trial balance prepared after all adjusting entries have been recorded and posted to the accounts. Should have equal credit and debit totals.
- ADJUSTING JOURNAL ENTRY (bút toán điều chỉnh) look up translate image
- An accounting entry made into a subsidiary ledger called the General journal to account for a periods changes, omissions or other financial data required to be reported "in the books" but not usually posted to the journals used for typical period transactions (the cash receipts journal, cash disbursements journal, the payroll journal, sales journal and so on) the entry is posted to the general ledger accounts directly and usually will be numbered itself, dated and have an explanation. Example: AJE#...(more)
- ADR look up translate image
- Receipts for shares of foreign company stock maintained by an intermediary indicating ownership. See also: American Depository Receipt (ADR)
- ADVERSE OPINION look up translate image
- Expression of an opinion in an AUDITORS' REPORT which states that FINANCIAL STATEMENTS do not fairly present the financial position, results of operations and cash flows in conformity with GENERALLY ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES (GAAP).
- AFFILIATED COMPANY look up translate image
- Company, or other organization related through common ownership, common control of management or owners, or through some other control mechanism, such as a long-term LEASE.
- AGENCY FUND look up translate image
- Fund consisting of ASSETS where the holder agrees to remit the assets, income from the assets, or both, to a specified beneficiary in due course or at a specified time.
- AGREED-UPON PROCEDURES REPORT look up translate image
- See also: Accountants' Report
- AICPA look up translate image
- National professional membership organization that represents practicing CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (CPAs). The AICPA establishes ethical and auditing standards as well as standards for other services performed by its members. Through committees, it develops guidance for specialized industries. It participates with the FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD (FASB) and the GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD (GASB) in establishing accounting principles. See also: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- ALLOCATE look up translate image
- To set aside for a specific reason.
- ALLOWANCE FOR DOUBTFUL ACCOUNTS look up translate image
- A contra-asset account used to reduce ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE to the amount that is expected to be collected in cash. See also: Account Receivable, Contra Account
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION look up translate image
- An alternative to formal litigation which includes techniques such as arbitration, mediation, and a non-binding summary jury trial.
- ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX (AMT) look up translate image
- Tax imposed to back up the regular income tax imposed on CORPORATION and individuals to assure that taxpayers with economically measured income exceeding certain thresholds pay at least some income tax. See also: AMT
- AMERICAN DEPOSITORY RECEIPT (ADR) look up translate image
- Receipts for shares of foreign company stock maintained by an intermediary indicating ownership. See also: ADR
- AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (AICPA) look up translate image
- National professional membership organization that represents practicing CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (CPAs). The AICPA establishes ethical and auditing standards as well as standards for other services performed by its members. Through committees, it develops guidance for specialized industries. It participates with the FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD (FASB) and the GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTING STANDARDS BOARD (GASB) in establishing accounting principles. See also: AICPA
- AMORTIZATION look up translate image
- Gradual and periodic reduction of any amount, such as the periodic writedown of a BOND premium, the cost of an intangible ASSET or periodic payment Of MORTGAGES or other DEBT. See also: Effective Interest Method, Unamortized Bond Discount
- ANALYST look up translate image
- Person in a brokerage house, bank trust dept., or mutual fund group who studies a number of companies and makes buy or sell recommendations on the securities of particular companies and industry groups.
- ANALYTICAL PROCEDURES look up translate image
- Substantive tests of financial information which examine relationships among data as a means of obtaining evidence. Such procedures include:
(1) comparison of financial information with information of comparable prior periods;
(2) comparison of financial information with anticipated results (e.g., forecasts);
(3) study of relationships between elements of financial information that should conform to predictable patterns based on the entity's experience;
(4) comparison of financial information with industry norms.
- ANNUAL REPORT (báo cáo hàng năm) look up translate image
- Report to the stockholders of a company which includes the company's annual, audited BALANCE SHEET and related statements of earnings, stockholders' or owners' equity and cash flows, as well as other financial and business information.
- ANNUITY (niên kim) look up translate image
- Series of payments, usually payable at specified time intervals. See also: Actuary, Deferred Payment Annuity, Fixed Annuity, Ordinary Annuity , Variable Annuity
|Number of terms
ACCOUNTING DICTIONARY - ACCOUNTING TERMS -
www.ventureline.comAccounting Glossary - Super Glossary
Accounting Glossary: Above The Line, Account, Account Payable, Account Receivable, Account Receivable Turnover, Accounting, Accounting Cycle, Accounting Equation, Accounting Model, Accounting System, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payable Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Ledger, Accretive, Accrual Basis, Accrual Method Of Accounting, Accrual-Basis Accounting, Accounting Terminology Guide | NYSSCPA.ORG
www.nysscpa.orgAccounting terms - InvestorWords.com
Accounting - definitions of Accounting from InvestorWords - The Most Comprehensive Investing Glossary on the Web! Over 6000 financial and investing definitions, with links between related terms.Dictionary of 1,000+ Accounting Terms | AccountingCoach.com
AccountingCoach.com's accounting dictionary defines accounting terms in a way that is easy for anybody to understand on the world's largest free online accounting course.Dictionary of Accounting Terms | Business Dictionaries from AllBusiness.com
This updated edition presents 2,500 clear, concise definitions, including descriptions of accounting practices. Additional features include a glossary of accounting-related abbreviations and acronyms and a set of compounded value tables. A valuable quick-reference handbook for business managers, ... Glossary of Accounting Terms | Accountz
Award winning accounting software for Mac, Windows and Linux from Accountz. Powerful, flexible and friendly. Free lifetime support. No monthly charges.